Dear ACA families
Greetings! I hope your November has started well. We are continuing to make adjustments and slowly transition back to a post-COVID normal. A lot is happening! The Board has offered the position of General Director to Mr. Steve Hersey, and he has accepted. He will officially become the General Director and begin work full-time at the beginning of Semester 2 in January.
Also, here are a few additional things I would like to share with you.
- We praise God that our new textbooks have finally arrived and were distributed to classrooms on Monday, November 1.
- We were able to streamline our entry protocols into school each morning by no longer needing to check and record student body temperatures.
- Progress reports are being sent the first week of November. Please make sure to be aware of your student’s academic progress. I encourage you to work with the teachers of your students to encourage your child to do the very best they can.
- Semester Exam dates are being changed to now be held Thursday & Friday, December 2-3, and Monday & Tuesday, December 6-7. Thursday, December with be an Exam make-up day and our Teacher Check Out will be Friday, December 10.
- MAP testing will be held this month. Please pay attention to the schedule and make sure your student is not absent and gets plenty of rest…thank you! We will be having Elementary and Secondary Thanksgiving Celebrations on Wednesday, November 24, and there will be an early dismissal. You will receive more information in the coming weeks.
- ACA teachers may now tutor ACA students on campus – if they do not teach in class, but outside tutors are still not able to come onto campus after school.
- Please pray for new students for ACA to join in January. Please encourage families to enroll their children to attend our wonderful school.
- I also ask that each family make every effort to make all tuition payments on time, and for the whole amount of what is to be paid. We still have over Gs 1.140.000.000 of outstanding late tuition as of November 1, and over Gs 780.000.000 is over 90 days late. If you would like to help a family that is struggling to pay tuition please contact Mr. Retzer or Mr. Ortiz.
- Thankfulness Door Challenge. With the intention of building school spirit, Class of 2025 invites all secondary to decorate their class door to represent what they are thankful for during the month of November. The winning class will receive a homework pass for the upcoming quarter.